Welcome back to the Bloggers Spotify Playlist, a little series of posts that occur every couple of weeks where some lovely blogger peeps put together a small playlist of tracks that mean something to them. This week’s DJ is Luke from the blog Hux Life. Here’s Luke to tell us more about the tracks he has chosen.
Bloggers Spotify Playlist Featuring Luke from Hux Life
The name I have given it is ‘Huxlist playlist‘
Basically, all songs chosen evoke memories of life before, during the pregnancy, labour and after Huxley was born. I’ve put a little explanation by each track to show you their meaning.
1) Ace of Base – All that she wants (Heard in the car on the way to the hospital)
2) Salt n Pepa – Push it (Unbelievably came on the radio mid-way through labour)
3) Rihanna – Work (Dancing in the kitchen to soothe Huxley suffering with colic)
4) Benjamin Clementine – St-Clementine-On-Tea-And-Croissants (Sunny family breakfasts together)
5) Jungle – Time (Pre-party days essential listening)
6) Pink + White – Frank Ocean (Favourite song of Huxley’s birth year)
7) Loleatta Holloway – Love Sensation (Bestival 2014 with the OH)
8) Crystal Waters – Gypsy Women (Favourite track on the list)
9) Zed Bias – Neighbourhood
10) Afrikan Boy – Lidl
Songs 8-10 are some of me and the OH’s favourites, from over the years.
Tell us a little bit about your blog:
I lived a pretty excessive party lifestyle before Huxley was born. Out every weekend, festivals all summer and not really showing any regard for what tomorrow may bring. My blog acts partly as a diary on Huxley’s development but also my life in general and coping with being a first-time dad.
If you would like to follow Luke (and Hux!) on social media then here’s where you can find them…
If you want to listen to the playlist directly through Spotify then you can do so by searching for bloggersplaylist within Spotify (or clicking the link) where you will find not only this playlist but also all the other playlists in the series.
I am always keen to have more people take part in the Bloggers Spotify Playlist series, so if you would like to join in and share your musical tastes with the world then either pop a comment down below, drop me an email at Catherine@pushingthemoon.com, or you can message me via social media.