Happy Friday, folks! I’m just popping in with a very short and sweet post today – but it’s an oh so good one! It’s the recipe for my new favourite cocktail, Blackberry Gin Sour.
Who doesn’t love a cocktail? This one is incredibly delicious and absolutely perfect for this time of year as it’s currently blackberry season. But don’t fret, if you can’t get hold of fresh blackberries then frozen work just as well – just make sure to defrost them beforehand.
Blackberry Gin Sour Cocktail
Makes 1 glass
A small handful of blackberries
Juice from 1/4 of a lemon
1 tbsp of simple syrup (see below for method on how to make)
2tbsp egg white, whisked
- To make the simple syrup add one cup of caster sugar and one cup of cold water to a pan. Bring to the boil then simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes – or until the sugar has dissolved – then remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Put the blackberries into a small jug and mash with a muddler or fork.
- Add the simple syrup and lemon juice and mix
- Strain the juice through a sieve into a cocktail shaker, making sure to squish as much liquid out of the blackberries as possible.
- Add the gin, 2 good dashes of Angostura bitters, and the egg white to the cocktail shaker
- Give the cocktail shaker a really good shake for about 15 seconds
- Strain the liquid into a rocks tumbler filled with ice
If you happen to make this Blackberry gin sour recipe please do let me know what you thought of it! I’ve really been enjoying playing around with cocktail recipes recently – if you liked this one and would like to see more of this type of thing on Pushing the Moon please do let me know!
Pin me for later: