It’s my birthday on Saturday (40!) and, rather conveniently, Sunday is Mother’s Day. So that means that this coming weekend will be one of celebration and relaxation. I cannot wait!
Mother’s Day, to me, isn’t normally one of flowers and gifts. My idea of a perfect Mother’s Day is a lie-in, cuddles with my husband and the kids, a long hot soak in the bath, and having dinner cooked for me.
Both R and myself are terrible at buying things for ourselves – we would much rather spend our money on the kiddies. I have been thinking, however, that as I’m turning 40, there are a few things I would like to treat myself to over the coming months. This is my Birthday / Mother’s Day wish list to myself.
- LIZAWoven Tunic from Joules – I saw Julia from Rainbeaubelle wearing this in a post recently, and I thought she looked beautiful in it.
- Touche Eclat – I’m on the hunt to find the perfect product to cover my dark circles and under eye bags. I have heard that this is meant to be the Holy Grail of concealers and complexion highlighters.
- Mother Sweatshirt from Selfish Mother – I have coveted this sweatshirt for months, and the fact that all of the profits from each sale goes to the Women for Women charity makes me love it all the more. I am also loving the Winging It sweatshirt too!
- Everyday Knitted Tunic Dress from Boden – I need this in my life. That is all.
- TRILLO Grey Embroidered Cushion from Habitat – I’m a contrary creature at times. I don’t like the whole yellow & grey combination that seems to be popular at the moment. But I do like this grey & yellow cushion. A lot. Go figure.
- Dylan Check Steel Throw from Laura Ashley – There’s nothing I like more than curling up on the sofa with a good book, and a throw over my legs. This would be the perfect throw for that.
- Blue Hen & Border Mug from Emma Bridgewater – I love Emma Bridgewater, and keep dropping hints to that effect to my loved ones. Those hints appear to have fallen on deaf ears though, so I guess I shall have to buy this for myself.
- Alice in Wonderland ‘Bonkers’ print from Not On The High Street – I love Not On The High Street. I could spend hours browsing that site! This print would be perfect in our house – who doesn’t love a bit of Alice in Wonderland?!!
What do you think of my choices? If you could put together a birthday or mother’s day wishlist of things you would like to treat yourself to, what would you include? I’d love to know, so why not drop a comment in the box below! xxx